There are two ways you can share your equal pay progress and achievements
- YWCA Equal Pay Awards
- YWCA Equal Pay Best Practice Compact
YWCA Equal Pay Awards
Now in its 5th year, the YWCA Equal Pay Awards, celebrates, encourages and motivates New Zealand businesses to get on the equal pay journey and share best practice initiatives and policies in this complex and sensitive area. Whether you have five or 500 staff members, if you can prove your commitment to fairness and gender equality then you should enter the Equal Pay Awards.
The Awards recognises organisations in the following categories:
- Innovation: stand out initiatives making high, impactful change
- Leadership: leading the way and exemplifying excellence
- Progressive: long-term sustainable commitment to equal pay
- On the journey: taking the first steps
- Community: specifically for not for profits and 'profit for purpose'
A Supreme Award will be chosen from all entrants and will include analysis of remuneration data providing evidence of female leadership representation and the gender pay gap differential.
Entry fees, to cover administration costs, apply to each category and include two complimentary tickets to the Awards ceremony in November.
There is also an Equal Pay Champion award for an individual who is making a difference and taking a stand on equal pay. The person may be externally or self nominated. Entry to this category is free of charge.
YWCA Equal Pay Best Practice Compact
The Compact provides an annual internal auditing process for organisations on the equal pay journey, in five key areas:
- Assess - Investigate, assess and evaluate gender pay data across all aspects of rewards and remuneration.
- Commit - Leadership commitment to the equal pay journey by implementing initiatives, processes and practices, and demonstrating cultural intent to addressing equal pay.
- Define - Define goals, strategies and policies.
- Implement - Action plan to implement and monitor equal pay strategies and policies.
- Communicate - Ongoing communication within the organisation for continuous success.
Submitted applications are judged on merit and evidence. If successful in proving a commitment to equal pay, the Compact logo is provided and can be applied to marketing and HR material as recognition. Successful recipients are announced at the annual Equal Pay Awards ceremony. An annual administration fee applies and is payable upon renewal.
So, whether you are looking for a way to audit your progress or, measure your success against other leaders in equal pay, log in and choose the option for you!
- Register an account.
- Start your entry / application (save it in-progress).
- Submit your entry / application.
Best of luck!